Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cucumber!

I know...2 posts in 2 days. And both about cucumbers.

Well yesterday, I was under the impression that I'd have to wait until next year to get a second chance for a ripe cucumber.

I was wrong.

You see, early in the season, my cucumber plant was growing in such a way that I was stepping on it. It was making it difficult for me to water my tomatoes. And to use my grill.

So I "encouraged" it to grow in a different direction. I "helped" the tendrils wrap around my planter and eventually between the slats of my deck rails.

I kept leaning over to see if there were any flowers. I didn't think so.

Again, I was wrong.

I looked down yesterday, and there was a full grown (yet still unripe) cucumber hanging down!


I am very excited!

I can even see it as I walk my dog.


Okay, enough about cukes.

Kristen out!

2 comments:

kate said...

So how will you know when this one is ripe? How did the other cuke taste after you fixed it up?

KMag said...

Well, the cucumbers I buy at the market are always greener than mine have been...yet. I'm pretty sure it should be a deeper shade of green.

And it still tasted bitter.