Thursday, July 23, 2009

Of giraffes, goats and moose

It was pointed out to me that I haven't blogged in three weeks. So here goes...

I got to feed a giraffe! Little (by which I mean short) ol' me got to feed two very, very tall giraffes.


We got to feed them their "snacks." You want to know what giraffe snacks are? Keep reading.


Giraffes at the Milwaukee zoo snack on rye crisps and maple branches.


And I ran out of both and was trying to explain this to Baja, the four year old male giraffe. It was very difficult for me not to pet him or give a little kiss but we'd been cautioned that these are still wild animals. I was picturing myself on the evening news--"Girl Mauled by Giraffe."

We also fed the goats:


I saw my very first moose:


And watch elephants eat. They reminded me of my grandpop.


So that's all the news that's fit to print.

2 comments:

kate said...

Amelia did a really good job of taking the giraffe pictures. It's a great memory of a fun day,

drevas said...

Great pics! I love the one where you're talking to them.