Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home Again!

First...neurology appointment went well. I think I am still a favorite "story" if not actual patient. He made me tell the story to his current med student, and then sent her away because I'm too "normal" (his word, not mine...are you kidding? me--normal).

Next on to our city activities. We had to go see the new "modern" wing at the Art Institute. Not really our cup o' tea, so we spent an hour with the impressionists cleansing. And then I found this and stood before it for a good 10 minutes. It soothes my soul.


I asked Josh to buy me the original, but he said he didn't think it was for sale. So he bought me an unframed print, instead. I just love it

That was Saturday.

Sunday we did the Chicago Architecture Foundation's River Cruise. Also very cool. Well actually, it was pretty hot and we got a little sunburned.

All our meals were top notch.

The culinary highlight for me was the roasted beet and goat cheese ravioli from Trattoria No 10. The beets weren't a part of the stuffing, they were the "envelope" that held the goat cheese. It was so, so good.

The social highlight was having dinner with our close friends at Lawry's The Prime Rib, where, surprise...we all had prime rib. Not a whole lot of tasting among friends...we all had the same thing. We did sip each other's wines. I liked mine best...which is good, because it was mine already. I had a Petit Syrah.

I took no food pictures. I did take a lot of pictures on the river cruise, but I haven't been through them yet, so no pics from the weekend.

It's nice to be home in our own bed (the party in the room beside us, cranked up around midnight all three nights...finally on Sunday night, I called Security).

That's it, coffee and banana bread beckon.

-k

4 comments:

drevas said...

Is it just me or is that picture sideways?

KMag said...

The picture is not sideways. It's title is "A branch of the Seine near Giverny (mist)". There are trees overhanging the river on the right side.

drevas said...

I get it. The water line is about in the middle and the bottom half is a reflection of the top half. I guess the Internet is not the best way to view art.

Colleen said...

We had such a wonderful evening with the two of you!! And the hotel you stayed at was beautiful.