Thursday, June 18, 2009

Clapton...you sexy devil

So we saw Eric Clapton last night. With Steve Winwood. And Buddy Guy.

Very, very cool show. Clapton and Winwood clearly enjoyed themselves...and each other. Many smiles, a few smirks, and even some on stage laughter.

Here are a few highlights:

Forever Man

Sweet Home Chicago

That last one is a little long...but so worth it!

They performed many (if not all) of their Blind Faith songs, Split Decision by Winwood, and a handful of Clapton tunes. When they returned for the encore, they brought Buddy Guy with them. What a surprise. And they performed Sweet Home Chicago. Everybody was on their feet.

But now I am very tired. Late night by anyone's standards...but for a girl who is usually in bed and asleep by 10:00, (I'm making progress...a year ago it was 8:30) 12:30 is much too late.

So I think I'll go take a nap.

Kristen out.

2 comments:

Allegra said...

i am in deep smit. i think i love buddy guy. do you think he'd sing me to sleep every night?

i grooved to both of those videos (by the way ... you can use the "embed" html to bring that video onto your blog), and have thus determined that I'm just a live music whore ... considering that i knew neither song.

xoxo,
leggy

drevas said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you guys for your night out.