Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Well, it's Tuesday

Not usually a date night. And, big surprise, it's not this week either. Family Worship and the TMS to prepare...and a few other "girl" things in the way.

But I do think that I have an interesting and yummy meal planned. Paninnis! Roast Beef and provolone for Josh and Italian meats, mozzarella and tomato for me. Are you salivating yet? It will be accompanied by french fries and a tomato/cucumber salad. Josh will balk at all the veggies, but he'll eat them up anyway.

Tomorrow I will do a date night meal. Because we are spending the weekend in the city and it will be one huge date, I told Josh I wasn't going to do date night this week.

But then I went to the market. And the filet mignon looked really good. So I bought two. My plan is, rather than cook them in butter and oil on the stove (as I have done before), I will rub them with olive oil, rosemary and garlic and grill them.

I will make mashed potatoes and broccoli (which I will prepare on the grill beside the steaks--the broccoli, not the potatoes). I think I will make banana bread for dessert. I know it's an unusual choice, but it's what I have the stuff for and its really yummy toasted and drizzled with honey.

So on to our weekend in the city. Monday is my annual neurology appointment. And since Josh has to take the day off anyway to get me there and driving down the morning of and in rush hour traffic means we have to leave insanely early (like 8 for a 10:30 apt) we like to spend the night before in the city. This year, since we haven't had a weekend in the city since my neuro apt. last year, we decided to make a weekend of it.

So what will we do, you ask? I'll let you know when we have done it. The only things I know for sure is where and when we are eating. Oh, and where we are staying. We got an insanely good deal on a very nice hotel--The Palmer House Hilton. $82 a night at a 4.5 star hotel that usually runs about $225 a night. Hotwire it so cool. Friday night we are eating in the hotel's restaurant, Saturday at an Italian place called Trattoria No. 10, and on Sunday the Johnsons are picking us up and we are eating at Lawry's--the Prime Rib. Sunday late morning we are having brunch at a place called The Gage and Monday after my drs apt. we are eating at the Chicago Firehouse--a very specific tradition it seems. (I think this the 3 year in a row that we have done this.)

If I take any photos of dinners (both at home and out) I will post them.

Till later, mes amis,
Kissy H

1 comment:

drevas said...

That's hilarious that you have every meal planned out. Guess I know who to ask for restaurant recommendations if I ever make it to Chicago!