Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in the classroom again...

Well, not exactly--my student comes to me. I'm tutoring, or really teaching (since he's doing these classes through a home school program), a young brother from a neighboring congregation.

Patrick is really a lot of fun to work with. He's bright and kind and funny. He loves my Sonny dog and even wanted to be able to pet him while he read his history text. All in all, I think we hit it off well.

I should be getting my copies of his texts this weekend. I'm looking forward to actually being able to plan some lessons. I was kinda flying by the seat of my pants based on the work I could see that he had already done.

I'll keep you posted. We work on English and American History for 4 hours on Wed. afternoons. So far, so good.

Kristen out.

1 comment:

drevas said...

Awesome. I'm interested in seeing how it goes. I'm definitely considering home schooling. Of course, I have several years to decide for sure...