Sunday, September 13, 2009

recipe tester

I don't think that I've mentioned this here before, but I volunteered to be a recipe tester for the Cook's Country PBS cooking show. It's a spin off of America's Test Kitchen.

So I have a recipe to try and report on by this Thursday. Here's the thing--I can't share the recipe with you. It's against the rules. Not until the recipe airs on the show.

But I can tell you this, it's a beef recipe and I will be making it for date night tomorrow. The side dishes aren't particularly worthy of mention, and frankly neither is dessert. I'm relying on already made or boxed items for these.

Also on the cooking frontier, I watched an old Julia Child show on PBS yesterday and saw her make omelettes. For years I didn't think I could do this. She makes cooking look so easy. But you know what? It was! It was all about shaking the pan. A lot! We had omelettes for lunch yesterday, and thanks to a PM meeting, breakfast this morning.

Well I think that's all the news I have right now.

Kristen out

3 comments:

drevas said...

I've heard of that show, but I've never really watched it. Is your contribution like a rating of the recipe or what? Lenny made me another omelette the other day and I was imitating Julia and then he started imitating me and for some reason his imitation came out in a Jamaican accent.

KMag said...

I'm not exactly sure. I have to make the recipe and then I'll be directed to a series of questions, I guess. I'll keep you posted.

drevas said...

Well?