Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Haul

This has been a very culinary anniversary for me! I've already mentioned my gift from Josh...The America's Test Kitchen cookbook and 10th season DVDs. But it has gotten so much more exciting.

See for yourself:


This is Williams-Sonoma's newest "gold" bakeware. So excited to try it. Mom and Dad (Hunter) sent us a gift card. I was like a kid in a candy store. Thankfully, I had already shopped online and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted. Not wanting to hog the whole thing for myself, we did order this Martini Pitcher for Josh. No one knows why it's no longer available in store.


This is my immersion blender from Mom and Dad Saxe. Again, I can't wait to use. I'm pretty sure it will rule my little mini-prep food processor obsolete as it has a chopping blade in a canister. How cool is that?! They bought Josh this bar book. Only difference from the catalog pictur is Josh's has an S in stead of the D.


This is present from Amelia. Spiders! Aren't they cool? Good for more than just fried things. She also gave me a new set of measuring spoons. These are shaped to fit in spice jars AND the smallest one is 1/8 of a tsp. So excellent.

She got Josh the new Clapton cd and soap. She's not making a comment on her brother's cleanliness. These are Star Wars soaps. He thinks they are very cool. I'm pleased to say that they will be on display in his cube at work.



This is from myaunt and uncle. The cork screw says "One good turn deserves another." On both sides. Clever eh? There are a total of four coasters.

And last but certainly not least, is this frog from Brian, Allegra, and Allen. I love him. He looks like Josh. Very smug expression and with a crown on his head. Josh doesn't have a literal crown, but he does like/expect to be treated as royalty.

We got a lovely bottle of wine and some cleverly presented wine tools from our dear friends. And a couple of checks (being used for Josh's winter chapeau) from other members of his family. Thanks! The hat has been ordered.

Finally, at the request of an aunt, pictures of our room at the W.


Th best part of our room was the view. Quite possibly the best view we've had. We were overlooking the lake. Did I take a picture of that. Of course not. I can't remember to do everything, now can I?

And this is, well, it's Amelia. With a spoon on her nose. A heavy spoon.


That seems like a good place to end this post. I'll be back in couple weeks.

Kristen

7 comments:

kate said...

From other things I've seen, I expected the room at W to be a little more upscale. I'm glad you had a great view.

The frog is very cute; have you decided where he'll reside?

Have a safe and wonderful trip to SC even if the circumstances are not the greatest.

KMag said...

The frog is at the front door. I may move him to the front flower bed; I think he may be cute peering out from under the bush. We'll see.

drevas said...

No picture of the view, but you do have a picture of the bathroom. Ha ha. I expect lots of cooking posts to come with all those fancy new toys! Hope all goes well for your Mom! Safe travels!

kate said...

Maybe when you add links to your blog you should explain that it's necessary to double click on the highlighted words to get to the picture. I enjoyed the display of all the gifts. Presents are just as much fun to look at as to receive.

drevas said...

Oh and I need a little clarification on something too. Josh got a shaker and a pitcher. So is it shaken or stirred?

KMag said...

Shaken for one or two martinis...stirred for a "party."

Cakebrain said...

I love Williams Sonoma gold bakeware! It's too bad I don't have more cupboard space to buy more!