Monday, September 22, 2008

Margarita London Broil 9-22-08

At the prompting of Allegra, I am blogging. It seems that she wants my recipes and calling me for them is not in the cards. Who can blame her? She is my Allen-Boy's momma.

So here goes...

Grilled Margarita London Broil
  • 1/3 c bottled margarita mix or limeade
  • 1/4 c chopped cilantro
  • 3 T lime juice
  • 1 T lime zest
  • 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 large clove garlic, minced (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 lb boneless beef top round London Broil steak
  1. To prepare marinade, blend all ingredients, except beef, in small bowl.
  2. Place beef and marinade mixture in resealable plastic bag. Turn meat to coat. Refrigerat 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
  3. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place beef on grill. Grill covered 5 ot7 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Let stand loosely covered 5 minutes before slicing. Cut across the grain into thin strips before serving.
Fred Lundeen, my personal grill wizard, gave me this recipe card from the grocery store. Tonight will be the first time I make it. I didn't start marinating yet. So much for 8 hours to overnight, hunh? I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tonight is a "date night." They don't usually fall on Monday, but we're up for something new. Date night means that I will be wearing something cute/sexy (depending on my mood--tonight will be cute) with a cocktail in my hand for Josh. In keeping with the margarita theme, I will probably make Tequila Gimlets (3 0z Tequila, 1 oz Roses Lime juice, garnish with a wedge of lime). We will also have an "appetizer." I have chips and salsa already; I may get some frozen jalapeno poppers as well. We will open a bottle of wine. It will be red but I'm not sure of the varietal yet. As for dessert...Yes there will be something. It depends on what grabs at the groceria (I went all Spanish, there).


Other "date night" musts...The TV will be turned off. We enjoy cocktails and appetizers in the study, listening to music selected and playing through ITunes on the computer. If all goes well, there will be pause in the dining action for some other "action" in the bedroom.


This is my new favorite knife...my Sudoku knife, not to be used in the bedroom but likely in all other aspects of the evening. I cuts like butter. I even made my Joshy try it out last night. An anniversary gift from MIL extrarordinaire, Eileen. It's resting on one of my new William Sonoma towels. Isn't it pretty?

I'll post pictures from dinner later.

3 comments:

Allegra said...

Excellent first blog (except for the TMI re date night)! I'm so proud of you! Dinner sounds delish ... wish I lived down the street so I could sneak over and steal some :)

XOXO
me

PWNort64 said...

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with Allegra on the TMI. Before I read the last paragraph, I was afraid that the knife was related to the bedroom activities. Yikes! Anyway, love your concept of date night and I'll be anxiously following for new recipes as well. After all, "Kristen's Potatoes" have become one of our favorites. Enjoy your evening!

PWNort64 said...

Okay, this is on the menu to make this week, including the tequila drinks. Just a quick question...cutting across the grain? That just means cutting it at an angle, right?