Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why Jehovah Gave us Fingernails

First, I have to make a few corrections/additions to yesterday's post. My new knife is NOT as Sodoku knife, rather it is a SANTOKU knife. Japanese number puzzles, though I love them and have been addicted to them from time to time, don't enter into it all. My aforementioned MIL extraordinaire does like to call these knives Sodoku knives. I guess it finally rubbed off on me.

Date Night Update
Josh pronounced the meal "tasty and good," and told me this morning that it was good date night. I, however, neglected to share the balance of my meal with my two loyal readers. My new thing, since I got a grill last spring, has been to grill my veggies. So, as broccoli is the boy's favorite veggie, I frequently make it on date nights. I cut the broccoli into small florets, toss them in a Ziploc bag with some olive oil, salt and pepper and put them into an aluminum foil pouch. Last night I added some of the marinade for the beef. Mmmm, Mmmm good!

I also made some of oven roasted potatoes. I sliced them very thin, coated them lightly with olive oil, salt, pepper and some finely chopped rosemary. Baked at 425 for 30 minutes or so. Yum!

Drinks were not what I thought they were going to be. I spent too much time on this Blog thingy that I didn't get to go out, thus no tequila. So I made a drink from one of Joshy's books that he'd never made. It's called a Rumarita. It's what it sound like...a rum Margarita. 1.5 oz light rum, 1 oz Cointreau, .5 oz lime juice. Shake and serve up in a cocktail glass.

Dessert was those South Beach ricotta things. Mine was lemon made with Splenda. Josh's was chocolate made with good ol' fashioned sugar. And we had coffee.

Wine with dinner was a Bordeaux. Very nice, a little spicy

Now, to get back to the fingernails....
To prove to myself that my new Santoku knife really is sharp, I cut myself. Not! I did cut myself but it was purely an accident. Remember the finely chopped rosemary? Yeah, that's what got me.

The top photo is my wounded finger. The bottom photo is the excised flesh (the little white half-moon at the lower right of the matchbox.)

Thanks for reading. Nothing exciting for dinner tonight...Frozen pizza. I'm planning beef fajitas with the leftover margarita beef for tomorrow. I'll let you know about them later.

3 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Glad dinner was yummy...sorry about the finger.

Allegra said...

no picture of dinner? what's up with that? sorry about your finger. why haven't i talked to you today??

xoxo
me

drevas said...

Cool matchbox (minus the human flesh)!