Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disney Hollywood Studios

MGM? When did they change the name?

The highlight of this park for Allen had to be the Playhouse Disney show. For those of you in the know, this show included the crew from Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Tigger and Pooh, and Handy Manny. I know and love all these guys.


At this point, my camera battery was "exhausted." This means no more pictures today. And this was the first thing we did.

The highlight of the day for Josh was the Tower of Terror. He loved this ride--he laughed through the whole thing. We also rode the Rockin' Roller Coaster. I kept my eyes shut tight...or "tut shight" as I was saying in my post traumatic state. I didn't care for that ride. We also rode the Star Wars ride. We still really like that one but are afraid it is on its way out. There is so much new technology in the rides that this older ride may soon be too outdated.

Josh and I stayed in this park after the others went back to their rooms. We got to see the Muppet 3D show. Again, my husband loved this! When Fozzi squirted his flower toward the audience, a real spritz of water fell on us. When a character blew bubbles, the whole auditorium was filled with bubbles.

Then we had dinner at the Brown Derby. Very good. But very fast. Disney has the "move 'em out without makin' you feel rushed" down to a science.

1 comment:

drevas said...

I too loved the Muppet 3D show. I am not, however, familiar with a lot of those newer characters. Were you guys in Disney when the American Idol thing opened?