Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sea World

This may have been my favorite day. Not my favorite park, mind you, but my favorite day. My parents took us on this trip for their 40th wedding anniversary. Very generous, eh? Well, Allegra and I wanted to mark their anniversary in a special way on this trip.

Sooo, we took the to lunch with Shamu. Really, it was called Dine with Shamu. We ate beside the training pools and then had a private (with appoximately 75 other guests) "show." The trainers explained how the Shamu show works and how the Shamus (there were 7) are trained. It was very cool, and Mom said it might have been our best anniversary gift ever.

















































There were, of course other shows. We espcially enjoyed the Clyde and Seamore Show. Clyde and Seamore are seals. They share the stage with an otter, a walrus and a few humans, too.


+

















































Other highlights: Allen enjoying his "bath" cars



















Pimp Josh



















and Cowboy Dad




















And last, but not least, my best Shamu Shot:



I think that these were all the highlights of Sea World

3 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Some of my favorite vacation memories are of the Orlando attractions with your family. We've "Dined with Shamu" here in Texas (we actually have season passes to Sea World this year) and it was a special memory. Glad you guys had such a great time.

drevas said...

Your dad looks great in that cowboy hat. Not so sure about Josh's hat choice...

Jenn said...

What a great anniversary idea!