Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Anniversay, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary to

US!

So technically our anniversary isn't until Friday. But the festivities began a few weeks ago when Josh's presents (from me) started to come. There were three, if you count the new underwear. I also bought him a Cubs W flag, which he saved for the postseason, and thus has never been used. There's always next year! But the big present was a valet. Not a man, but one to hang his clothes on.


I'll try to get a photo of it loaded. He does really use it.

The next exciting thing that happened anniversary-wise is that Peter and Eileen took us to McCormick and Schmick's for dinner. Mm-mmm Good!


Did you see what it says? Below SEAFOOD RESTAURANT and the date? Isn't that so cool? And you know how some restaurants have those little curtained rooms right off the dining room? That's where we sat. It made me feel like a princess. And I ate Alaskan King crab legs.

They have wonderful classic cocktails. I mean really classic. Not a martini in the bunch. Cocktails hailing back to the 1850's. Josh was in hog heaven. Okay, we all enjoyed that! We had five very good cocktails. A Blood and Sand, a Pegu, an Old Fashioned, a Ward Eight and I can't remember the last one.

Dessert. I wish I'd had my camera. So the waiter clears the dinner dishes away. And then brings 3 creme brulees. Peter and Eileen ordered meals that came with them and they threw one in for Amelia. But our dessert was a slice of apple pie or tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and "Happy Anniversary" written beside in chocolate. With a candle which Josh wouldn't blow out with me.

So with all this good food and drink, Amelia got the hiccups on the way home. And then she shared them with me. I found this hysterical and laughed and laughed (a good way to burn some of the dinner calories) and kept telling her it was her turn after I hiccuped. Make of that what you will but I was not stumbling to slurring my speech.

And the last thing has little to do with my anniversary, but everything to do with the primary purpose of my blog...COOKING. My pantry is all over my kitchen. And not because of a infestation of mice to bugs, but because Randy Fiske is changing out my wire shelves for solid shelves. Yippy!


So you can see the contents of the pantry closet all over the kitchen and then Randy hard at work in the driveway. With all of this happening today and then needing to be reloaded and not having the counter space available for food prep, we will be having frozen pizza for dinner tonight. We did a pretty thorough cleaning out on the unload but I'll do more on the reload, too.

I'll post picture of the final pantry both pre- and post the reload.

That's it for now. Love you and miss you all.

2 comments:

Allegra said...

Can Randy come do my pantry next? I'd love to have real shelves instead of wire ones. Dinner Saturday sounds yummy!

XOXO

PWNort64 said...

Congratulations to you...both on your anniversary, and on the event of getting your pantry redone.

I ate at McCormick and Schmidt's in Atlanta last year for a business function..we ate in one of the little rooms, too. It was a cool experience!