Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Now if only I can find the vinegar....


So now the pantry's loaded and I have to think very hard to find my things. I'm thrilled with it, but it will take a little getting used to. At least I don't have to worry about my spices toppling over.

So tonight is a semi-date night. I'm grilling sirloins (Olive Oil, salt and pepper), broccoli (olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic) and trying to fix the leftover mashed potatoes from the last date night. I think I'll roast some garlic and more Parmesan, butter, sour cream. I will make a Caesar salad for Josh and maybe a spinach-grapefruit salad for myself. Cocktails are most likely to be Manhattans but maybe I'll make them perfect (equal parts sweet and dry vermouth).

Tomorrow I will be making store bought cheese ravioli and my own gravy (probably with an additional can of diced tomatoes added).

Friday (our actual anniversary) we will spending at Lovell's in Lake Forest. Josh is taking Friday off so we get to spend the day together.

Sunday, we have hospitality for Steve Lundeen. We will either be taking him out (probably to Mickey Finn's) or I will making shepherds pie on Saturday for consumption on Sunday. Or maybe I'll make it for our personal consumption on Saturday. If I make it this weekend, I will share.

None of this is very exciting. So I'll stop.

Catch ya later,
LKH

1 comment:

Allegra said...

Maybe not "exciting," but very entertaining. I miss you, and this gives me a glimpse into your everday whatever. Sorry we didn't talk more today.

XOXO
Leggy