Friday, October 30, 2009

Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast


Our day in Sorrento and driving the Amalafi Coast was not what you would call sunny. This picture of the boats in the cove is very pretty and evocative of our other sights this day.


Quite possibly my favorite shot from the whole day. It's a Target. Like our Target here in the States. They have 'em in Itly too.


The above picture is not particularly well focused, but it is proof that citrus trees grow abundantly in this region. They were planted along the street. This is an orange tree. (Yes, I know the fruit is green. It's not ripe yet!)



More citrus trees planted in someone's yard. Their own little grove, I suppose.





Anybody who knows Josh, knows that he wants 2 things in life. A gong. (He swears it's not to summon me, but rather, to announce his presence. Yeah right.) And a throne. This is one of several pictures I took of him in a throne at the dining establishment on our tour.


Look at that water. So clear and what a beautiful color. I thought you only got colors like that in the Caribbean. I guess I was wrong.





The restroom in the dining establishment where we had lunch, was down stairs. When you reached the ground floor, you were met by these stone arches.

Related to restrooms, but not Sorrento or the Amalfi Coast, Josh thinks that bathrooms were one giant afterthought in Europe, and specifically in Italy. So many of them were ill equipped and down long, narrow, cramped stairways. Sometimes you even had to pay for the privilege to use these "facilities."







Not a restaurant in which we dined, but we may have chosen if left our devices. Doesn't it look so inviting.




We saw the Amalifi Coast by coach. We kept nudging each other and pointing. We were rendered speechless by the beauty. I know these pictures don't really convey that, but like I said, we were on a bus. Difficult to get good pictures.

The next day of the cruise was an at sea day, our anniversary and a formal night. Not much to share. I will tell you that Josh is truly a romantic at heart and he knows me so well. He offered to get himself ready and make himself scarce so I could finish my preparations. (I had been trying to figure out how to make that work.) I met him for a cocktail in one of the lounges and then we went to dinner together in the "up-charge, specialty" restaurant.

Very romantic.

Like most people, I take the weekend off. Our next stop was in Corinth. Look for it next week.

Ciao!

3 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Sounds wonderful and the pics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Allegra said...

love josh on his throne!

xoxo
leggy

Molly said...

Hey Kristen, it's Molly. I love all the pictures you took. Makes me feel like I'm there.

My favorites are the ones you took in Rome. It looks breathtaking to be there.

As always, I'm so jealous! :)

Keep em coming!