Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tuscany

Ahh..Tuscany.

The light is different in Tuscany. Softer somehow, warmer mayhaps. And the air smells faintly of olive oil everywhere.

These pictures hardly do it justice:












This is an olive tree ripe with fruit. October is the harvest month.


The rest of the pictures are the type that I've come to love. These old towns have plenty of narrow alleys that beg to be photographed. I also like to take to pictures of arches and of windows. You will see these here and in the blogs to come.







Okay, I'm neither window nor arch and definitely not an alley but Josh wanted a picture of me behind these bars.





Did I tell you that I took over 1000 pictures? I really, really loved Tuscany so for every picture I included I had 3 or 4 that didn't make the cut.

Next up is Rome. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

kate said...

Tuscany looks like a place I would like to visit. Can't wait to see all the pics.

Allegra said...

oh how i miss it so. your pictures make me heartsick ...

xoxo,
leggy

PWNort64 said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing....

drevas said...

I agree with Leggy. Took me right back to my trip many moons ago. I really want to take Lenny there some day! He's never been.