Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're Back!

Hello all! I kinda wish I'd been able to blog from sea, but it just wasn't practical. I'll do the best I can to take you on our trip in retrospective.

If you recall from the blog that shared the itinerary, our first day was at sea. Lovely! We slept till about 10:00 that morning. Very good.

The first day was also a formal night. When we returned after dinner, we were met by a bottle of champagne (okay, I confess we'd already drank a bottle...we are Captain's Club members and were cruising concierge class and the champagne was a perk for one of those), chocolate dipped stawberris, and these rose petals on our bed. Thank you D and H! We saved the "good" champagne for our actual anniversary and drank it with breakfast on our veranda.


And this was our first formal night photo (and the only formal night photo we bought).


Don't we look disgustingly in love? We were laughing about something.

Enough gross lovey dovey pictures.

Day 2 was a stop in France. Our excursion took us to Nice and St. Paul de Vence. Bee-u-ti-full! More importantly, the excursion didn't leave until early afternoon, thus we slept again until 10 or so. Late enough that we thought we had missed all food opportunities. We found out later that that wasn't exactly true...but we would have missed our wonderful lunch in St Paul de Vence. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

How 'bout I let the pictures tell the story?



The next picture was our very tasty lunch in France. I took French in high school, but am far from fluent. In fact, what I remember is kind of sketchy. Well the menu, being that we were in France was entirely in French. Makes sense, right? I was very proud of myself. I knew the words for roast beef (ros beouf), bread (pain), ham (jambon), and cheese (fromage). You would think we ordered roast beef sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich. That's what we thought, anway.


We were wrong, as you can see. Josh's salad did have a slice of bread beneath all the beautiful roast beef. And what looks like a quesadilla was really a ham and cheese crepe. So very tasty, all of it.

This was the view from our lunch table. Spectacular, eh?





Don't remember what this is exactly, but I'm pretty sure they are supposed the best-looking onion domes outside of Russia.



And, just to prove that we were really there and not faking the whole thing--pictures of us.

Those really are grapes over my head. Isn't it lovely?

My handsome boy at lunch.

Stay tuned. Next up--Tusany.

4 comments:

Allegra said...

Tears literally sprang into my eyes when I saw the formal night picture. Ya'll do look so in love. The other pictures are great too!!

xoxo,
leggy

drevas said...

Fun, fun, fun. Love the lunch story. At least waiting to blog until you get back, you get to re-live everything!

PWNort64 said...

Welcome Home! I've "missed" you and look forward to hearing and seeing all about the trip.

Colleen said...

More gross lovey dovey pictures!