Thursday, December 17, 2009

Refrigerators and Such

Did you know that you refrigerator, when completely empty, is really just a big box?

Well it is. Thankfully, it's also kinda cold inside it. That's important. I just spent an hour and a quarter in mine. Well not entirely in it. I pulled all shelves and drawers out to wash at the sink. (Your fridge parts are not dishwasher safe.)

Then I climbed in and scrubbed the interior. Wanna see?


You didn't think you'd see a picture of me in the fridge? Or a before picture? No way. I am way embarrassed by how filthy it was. Apparently too much of the food that I've been telling you all about had jumped ship and was hiding out in the corners of my refrigerator. I highly recommend completely emptying and thoroughly cleaning your fridge annually. It's what I'll be doing next year around X-Mas. Five years was way too long to wait.

Not that I found 5 year old food in my fridge. Gross! I clean the food out regularly. This was a fridge cleaning.

I still need to do the doors, but I needed a little break. And a shower...I'm sweating like a pig.

So, dun dun a dun! The final outcome (Josh will really appreciate this since he did see the true before.)


And the only casualty was my Magic Eraser. He was perfectly suited to this task.

Well that's all. Maybe when I get the door done I'll post a pic of it, too.

Kristen out

7 comments:

KMag said...

Please comment. I worked really hard and feel a need to be appreciated.

I'll stop whining now.

Liza said...

Hi Kristen!

I love your blog, very inspiring for cooking! I like Bare Foot Contessa too. The fridge looks beautiful. Everytime I scrub mine down like that, I like to open the door just to look at it!

drevas said...

Very impressive! You can come over and clean mine any time!

KMag said...

Thanks Liza! I just looked at mine, too.

Jadian said...

That poor magic eraser! Your fridge looks lovely...it does always feel good to tackle a project like that.

PWNort64 said...

Woo hoo, what an accomplishment. You busy this weekend? My fridgy could use a little TLC!

Liza said...

This is Liza from West Chester, although I live in Pittsburgh now!