Monday, May 24, 2010

Anniversary Dinner for the in laws

So now I'm up to May 8. (I know, I'm very slow at this blog thing...it's been a busy week.)

My sister-in-law asked if we would like to go in a dinner out to celebrate the in laws 39th anniversary. Of course, we said yes. (Even though we had already gotten them a gift.)

She made the reservation at Pete Millers. At the request of the guests of honor, the reservation was early...5:30. That worked out beautifully as they run an "early bird" special thingy. Each of us got soup/salad, our entree, and dessert (key lime pie or some super chocolatey thing) for the price of our entree. Can't beat that with a stick!

So pictures of dinners:

Peter had Beef Wellington. I'm pretty sure it was made with tenderloin. And his accompaniment was garlic mashed. Mmmmm.


Eileen, after much deliberation and consultation with the waitress, had sirloin. On a previous dinner at Pete Millers she had the best sirloin she'd ever eaten. She opted for the mixed veggie side dish


Josh had some kind of bone in Kobe beef. He asked to bring the bone home with is leftovers so I could make stock. Boy is always thinking.



I had "steak and cake." Three filet medallions and a crab cake. Also with the garlic mashed. Eyes definitely bigger than belly. I ate all of the crab cake (doesn't make a good leftover) and only half of one medallion. Josh had good lunches that week.


Okay, not the best example of my photography skills, but this is Amelia's dinner. It was very much in focus at the time. A filet and french fries.

Josh and Amelia opted for the chocolate cake and the rest of us had key lime pie. The chocolate cake was served with vanilla ice cream which was a deal breaker for Peter.

We started with calamari.

Next post will be our staycation in the City.

2 comments:

Allegra said...

sounds like a yummy dinner!

xoxo,
leggy

BusyB said...

you made me hungry! YUM!