Wednesday, May 19, 2010

DDCP '10

I know it's been a long time. I have a lot to tell you. I'm going back to May 1.

Do you remember from last year what DDCP is? It's the annual Derby Day Cocktail Party. This year's came off without a hitch.

However, having aux. pio'ed in April and being that the first Sat. was the first of the month I was very tired and more than a little cranky when our last guest left. I didn't mail invitations this year. I will next year and will state the party's time as 4-8. 9:30 was just too late and there was still clean up to do.

Sadly, I neglected to take any pictures. I know...I usually have you guys in the back of mind all the time which means I take a lot of weird and sometimes useless pictures (think "mother goose" from last spring).

The menu hasn't really changed a whole lot since DDCP prime. I did make muffaletta sandwiches instead of doing my more traditional meat and cheese spread. I also made my green goddess dip (at 2 requests...they like me, they really like me) and had fairly significant veggie spread. And a fruit spread. And a nice antipasto thing in my beautiful Tuscan antipasto tray set.

Okay, that's all I remember about DDCP '10. Oh, wait, there's one more thing...one of our guests is preggers, and wanting her not to feel left out and to feel as if her beverage was just as special as the ones Josh was making...I made punch. In my new punch bowl. Easy, peasy recipe--one bottle of lemonade (from the refrigerator case) and one bottle of ginger ale. Not wanting to water down the punch, I made lemonade ice cubes and froze a raspberry in cube. Oooh...I can show you a picture of those. Be right back...I have to go take it. (I made more yesterday because I am making the punch again for a baby shower on Wed. That's a whole different post. It's 4th or 5th on my list.)



Okay, that really is all. I have to go to the market now. We're having our good friends for burgers and pie tonight. (Also fodder for a future pie...my escapades with homemade crust.)

Kissy out.

5 comments:

Allegra said...

like the lemonade raspberry ice cubes. glad you're back :)

xoxo,
me

PWNort64 said...

Very cool. I know someone in my house that would love that...even with strawberries, blueberries or blackberries. We'll have to give it a try.

Hope the baby shower goes well.

kate said...

What kind of pie?

Punch Recipe said...

That raspberry ice cubes is a great idea! I'll be making one of these for sure, lol! That is really cute, I can already imagine those ice cubes floating in a punch bowl. I think it'll go best with a pink or yellow colored punch recipe! Hey, thanks for sharing this! :)

drevas said...

Whenever someone mentions the Derby now I think of you. :)