Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm still alive

Just barely.

It's been a month and blogging has exactly been at the top of my list.

This one will be no better. I'm just letting you all know that I haven't stopped blogging or cooking.

Just this week, I made vichyssoise, meat sauce, and an apple pie completely (including the crust) from scratch. The meat sauce was good. The other recipes came from a trial cookbook that was sent to me. I'm sending the book back. The pie recipe called for margarine (not butter--ugh) and didn't specify a variety of apple...not even a suggestion of one. It's a shame...it was a rather pretty book, but I won't use it. Ever. I tried. Twice.

So that's all from me.

I hope all is well with you.

Oh, vote for my mom and sister's shop in their local best of competition. They are under gift shop...Joli Home and Events.

Thanks,
Kristen

2 comments:

Allegra said...

thanks for the shout out!

xoxo,
leggy

BusyB said...

Like your Blog!