Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bookstudy Brunch in the works

This has to be a brief post because I am fried. I cooked from 10-2:30 and made sundry other prep until about 5:00 when I consumed my first of 2 Manhattans. Thank goodness for whiskey.

So I made three dishes I have never made before. So unlike me. I like to know that they are delish before I toss them to 2 or 3 friends let alone 20! All recipes are available at Epicurious.com. I'm too tired to link to them.

The first one I made was Vegetable Strata. Most labor intensive, I knocked it out first. It wanted me to use a 4.5 qt baking dish, which, of course, I didn't have. I used my 3.5 qt dish and an additional 8x8 Pyrex. Let's hope they turn out

Next I made Creme Brulee French Toast. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy this one was. Again, I haven't tried it yet, so let's hope it turns out.

Lastly, I made a Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake (It's possible I chose this strictly for its consonance). Biggest concern here is that I more than doubled the buttermilk. It did come together as a cake should and many of the reviewers added additional buttermilk as the batter was very thick. Even with the additional buttermilk, the batter still seemed thick. Maybe all will be okay.

So photos of the tables:


And yes, I did label the dishes--mine and those of others.

And as if this wasn't crazy enough, I have a talk tomorrow night (I wrote it on Saturday--woohoo for me!) and I'm having company on Friday night for dinner.

Here is a picture of my Sonny Dog in his favorite spot when the bed is unmade. I watched him try to find a spot that smelled like either one of us the other day. It was very funny.


Ciao, I'm beat. Have a good tomorrow!

K

1 comment:

drevas said...

Nice tag line! You should be a news anchor. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.