Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bye-bye Bookstudy Brunch--A Success!

Whew! Its over. I need a nap but it seemed to go smoothly. Recipes were requested, french toast was gone before everyone even got to try it, and except for a few pieces of my Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt cake, everything I made was consumed. Okay, I do have a smaller strata left, but plan to serve that tomorrow.

And Josh did the bulk of the clean up!


Blueberry Bundt Cake on the Stand, Kolachkes in the square basket, and crossaints on the right.


The main spread...with a few holes for items (and people) who arrived late. I was pleased though, one friend dropped off her contribution and then dropped her dog off somewhere and took something to her mom--she did return to join the party. Another (who didn't come at all) sent her contribution with another friend.


That's all folks. Have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Allegra said...

looks fabulous! wish i was there. how did your talk go? think i'm going to post about chicka chicka boom boom tonight on our blog (or maybe tomorrow).
xoxo
leggy

KMag said...

I don't have Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom and only read once or twice when I subbed in Kindergarten. My contribution (if any) will be very small.

xxoo,
Kissen

PWNort64 said...

Looks absolutely lovely and delicious. Was bragging about your margarita london broil last night and now must dig out the recipe to share. Missing you muchly!

KMag said...

P--The London Broil recipe is somewhere in the blog. Check one of my early posts.

K

kate said...

The brunch looks great, but it cannot top the mushroom soup and pumpkin pie from dinner on Friday.

Jenn said...

looks wonderful, so glad it was a success!