Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bookstudy Brunch

Okay friends, I need your help. We decided that rather than the old fashioned "treat night" after the last book study, we were going to have a brunch commemorating the end of an era. After all, we all (or almost all) have Thursday of that week off.

So, following the advice of Fred (my personal grill guru), I assigned certain things to my friends. As a result, I have a ham coming. Fresh fruit is also in the works, as is a ham and cheese quiche, banana bread/muffins, perogis (I didn't actually assign that one, but my Polish friend wanted to make that her contribution--Josh is psyched).

As for my contributions--I have spent the last 45 mins scouring Epicurious. I really want to be able to do all the messy cooking on Wednesday so Josh can clean my kitchen and I can sleep well knowing that all I have to do on Thursday is put things in the oven and make coffee. So here is what I came up with--"Creme Brulee French Toast", "Vegetable and Cheese Strata", and "Blueberry-Buttermilk Bundt Cake." Of course, I'll have coffee.

I have 2 or maybe three friends left to talk to, and figure I could ask them to bring juices (I intend to have sparkling juices). Anything else that you think I need to have? Mom suggested bacon or sausage, but I don't want to have a house that smells of bacon, nor can I use my oven that way as it will have french toast and strata in it. One of my friends left to cooridinate a contribution might be able to bring sausages. What to you all think?

If you have a "to die for" coffee cake type thing recipe, please share. Same for the strata.

All right. I have to run. Bathroom to clean and other domestic chores to conquer.


This is just a random photo of my Sonny-dog.

3 comments:

PWNort64 said...

Thanks for the update on the broc. I have a recipe for a yummy onion pie that might be brunch-worthy. The main ingredients are vidalia onions and cream cheese.

And I must say how jealous I am. My current BS location NEVER has treats. Part of that is because we meet on Saturday morning and BS is followed immediately by Service arrangements. Have a blast!!

kate said...

I have no suggestions to offer for bruch but love the picture of my "nephew".

drevas said...

I think you need something chocolate. Hot chocolate?