Friday, December 26, 2008

Things My MS Has Taught Me

I think most of you know that I have MS. It's this insidious little auto immune disease that mostly makes me tired. It means I have to be careful not to get sick, but if I am exposed to a cold (or worse), I cant't take any of those lovely immune boosters (like vitamin C or echinacea) that the media, doctors, and well meaning friends are always encouraging me to take.

Well, it finally taught me something. For some time now I have prioritizing tasks--from shopping to cleaning to cooking to the ministry and my meeting preparation. The past few days required more work than I usually tackle in a whole week. But my time management skills (and my delegation skills :-) ) paid off in a big way.

Both on Wed and Thur I was keyed up and out of bed by 7:15. Despite the fact that wonderful hubby slept till 9:00 both days. By 8:00 on Thursday, everything was done. I called Mom because I didn't know what else to do. I verbally went through my check list and she helped me tick them all off. When Josh finally awoke from his slumber, I helped him tackle his chore list. I actually sat down with a plate of food, a cup of coffee, and talked to my friends. I didn't think the hostess could ever do such a thing.

Now I have to work on saying, "That sounds nice, but I don't think I can handle that right now." But that's a lesson I'll have to learn another day!

Thanks for listening...
Kristen

2 comments:

Allegra said...

at least you're learning :)

xoxo

Jenn said...

you inspire me, since I'm always a very stressed out hostess-thanx for sharing.