Tuesday, December 9, 2008

By special request

This is for Aunt Kate, although the rest of you can enjoy it too. She requested that I share my oven roasted broccoli recipe with her. So here goes...

First things first, it's not really MY recipe. This is how my mom has been making it for some time now, so I want to give credit where credit is due. I did, however, make this all summer long in an aluminum foil pouch on my grill.

preheat oven to 425 (I just made this, following a different recipe, that called for a 475 degree oven. I didn't like the results as well as the way my mom makes it.)

1 (or 2 or 3 or 12...you chose the quantity, adjust the other ingredients accordingly) broccoli crown
1 clove of garlic, chopped or minced
salt
pepper
2 T olive oil

Depending on your mood, taste and other parts of the meal you could add lemons, lemon zest, hot pepper flakes, chopped tomato--if you think it sounds good, go for it.

Happy Cooking!
Kissy H.

3 comments:

kate said...

Thanks so much for doing this. I'll let you know when I try it.

Hugs to you and Josh,
Kate

PWNort64 said...

Uh, maybe I missed it, but how long does it need to cook? I wanna try this (maybe tomorrow when I am already planning on making your Margarita London Broil) and I don't want to overcook.

KMag said...

Sorry. Good question. 25 to 20 minutes.

Kissy H