Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Questions Answered

Okay, and I'm stalling. I don't want to do the list of chores that I made for myself this morning.

One of these questions was posed to me long ago via a comment on an unrelated blog entry. It had to do with folding fitted sheets. I had gotten into the habit of stripping the sheets, washing them and putting them right back on the bed. That pretty much left the folding out of the equation. Last week (Thursday, specifically), however, I put a completely new set of sheets on the bed. This allowed me to do pretty much nothing for the remainder of the day and not fold the sheets until today.

So getting back to the question which had to do with making the flat and the fitted sheet fold to the same size. I've found that (I'm gonna go all elementary school teacher here with my folding descriptions) folding the flat sheet in a "hot-dog" (longways) fold and then in a "hamburger" (width-ways) fold yields the perfect shape. Now you fold that large squarish shape in thirds and then in half.

I nest the four corners of my fitted sheets. Then I fold down the excess fabric and now I can fold in half one way and then in half the other way.

Other tricks and tips: I fold my sheets inside out. This way when I lay them on the bed to dress it, everything is facing the right direction. I also put my folded sheet in one of the pillowcases. Keeps the whole set together nicely in the closet. This is important when every set of sheets you have is ecru.

The other question, also asked in a recent comment on this blog, had to do with whether my cookbook will be for sale. The answer is yes, I think so. I'm doing this as a wedding gift, so I feel like I should seek the recipient's permission before I make it available to others. Many of the recipe contributors have, however, indicated an interest. I can let you know when it's available and how to get a copy yourself. There is no profit to me from selling the book.

That's all for now.
Kissy H

2 comments:

drevas said...

Thanks. Love the hot dog, hamburger instructions, but no photos? j/k

Jenn said...

Thanks - I'm going to print this and see if I can do the sheet folding thing. I'll be waiting to hear about the cookbook.