Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mother Goose and Haiku

So about three weeks ago, I was at my favorite store, Target. I parked my car at the grassy median between the parking lanes and parking lot road.

Seated directly in front of my vehicle, was this goose.

I was in the store for about a half hour. I returned and the goose was still there. Actually she appeared to be doing a little dance and then she nestled back down in the same spot. Was she nesting? Are her little chicks going to hatch right here in the busy Gurnee Target parking lot?

I think so . We drove by twice in field service. Once on Saturday and then again on Monday. Mother goose was still there!

I may have to let the folks at Target know about this. But really, what do I expect them to do? Block off the road?



Now on to my Haiku. This has been in the works for 5+ years. Here goes:



Beautiful is the

Phosphorescent glow of spring

Coming every year



I don't know why the text is underlined. That's not even a toolbar option. Can anybody help me turn it off?

Kissy

3 comments:

Allegra said...

i like your haiku a lot. how come it's been in the works for five years??

xoxo,
leggy

drevas said...

I think this is my most favorite post of yours ever. Poetry, a goose, Target, technical difficulties. I laughed out loud.

KMag said...

I came up with that phosphorescent glow line back in good ol' PA. Mom didnt' like it...couldn't hear the poetry in it, I guess.


But it I couldn't get it out of my head and every year when spring goes all springy on me it comes back. I just need a push from one of my sisters to finish it off as a haiku.