Monday, February 22, 2010

Date Night--week of 2/22

So, I'm going out of town this Saturday. Alone. I'm leaving my husband alone for 5 days. There will not be a regularly scheduled date next week. I will be having my dinners with another man. Allen. My 3 year old nephew. He lives in SC. With his parents--my sister and brother-in-law and near his grandparents--my parents.

Because I'm going away, I wanted to make this date night a special one. I have done this menu before, I know. But we do love our steakhouse dinners and this is...well, it's cheaper and it's at home. I think you can figure out how that's better.

What is the menu? Wouldn't you like to know.

Who am I kidding? I'll tell you:

Cocktail: House Manhattans (whiskey half rye, half Makers Mark)

Appetizer: Shrimp Cocktail

Salad: Caesar for the man, garden for me

Main Course: Filet Mignon---pan seared, pepper crust

Side Dishes: Broccoli
Potato-Parsnip Gratin--I am mixing in garlic, 1/2 and 1/2, and a little cheese (variety tbd), topping it with caramelized onion and baking for 1 hour at 325

Dessert: Mini cheesecakes topped with raspberries that I bought at the market

Methinks this will be nice.

1 comment:

drevas said...

Sounds very classic and very yummy. Happy auntie time!!