Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roasted Veggies and Tarragon Ginger Chicken

I woke up craving a dish my mom used to make called Chicken Riesling. It's suateed shallots, mushrooms, chicken and Riesling wine. Oh, and red grapes. Here's the kicker, though. My husband doesn't like "sweet with his meat." Thus, I shy away (usually) from cooking with fruit.

I don't have Mom's recipe anyway.

Then I called my sister. I remember that she made a Tarragon chicken recipe. She doesn't remember that.

But I'm still craving tarragon chicken. Sooo...I chopped a shallot, grated about 2 inches of ginger, and mixed it with some leaves of tarragon. Smells great. I pounded the tar out of some chicken breasts. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with it all.

Probably I'll sautee the chicken in a combo of olive oil and butter. Then I'll deglaze with the pan some white wine, add the aromatics, and, if it seems necessary, I'll thicken the sauce with some cornstarch dissolved in cold white wine.

As for veggies, I have a combo of sweet potatoes and cauliflower roasting at 450°. I don't really understand this combination. It was, however, a side dish to a chicken recipe in the latest Everyday Food (Martha Stewart) magazine. Not to give you the impression that I always bow to my husband's tastes, he really doesn't like sweet potatoes.

So that's dinner tonight.

Happy cooking.

1 comment:

PWNort64 said...

Can I come over for dinner? Sounds delish!