Tuesday, April 26, 2011

40th Wedding Anniversary Extravaganza--Post II

What makes this an "extravaganza?", you ask.

Well, it's not so much the food. I mean my menu is fabulous (if I do say so myself--and I do. I've made each of the elements before and they are really, REALLY good. More on the menu later. ). It's more about the other touches.

Like menu cards. Cocktail menus. Dessert choices (also on a menu card). Cordial and Whiskey lists. I spent the better part of my afternoon with paper cutter, exacto knife, and spray glue. I haven't done this much of that kind of thing since I was teaching.



All the things you would get at a really nice restaurant.

Additionally, I found this beautiful tulipiere in the Napa Style catalog.



It screamed Eileen. I had planned to buy it as anniversary gift and have a flower arrangement done it for Eileen to take home.

But then I found this antique glass platter. It also screamed Eileen.


What was a girl to do?

Enter Mom. My mom. Eileen's close, long time friend who had been asking me for help in finding a gift. She ordered the tulipiere and had it sent to me. She paid for the flowers in the vase to be delivered on Saturday. She's sending me a card to accompany her gift.

I bought the Cambridge Glass platter.

And for Peter? While I was buying wine for this dinner (more on that later), I found a bottle of something called "Chocolate Passport." I inquired after it and was told that it was a chocolate port. (Josh keeps insisting that it's just a chocolate infused red wine. Whatever.) The super helpful wine dude added that if you like chocolate, you'll like this. Well Peter doesn't just like chocolate. He is in the throws of a long time, deep love affair with it. Thus, Peter gets his own anniversary gift this year.

That ends this installment of Wedding Anniversary Extravaganza. More later.

2 comments:

drevas said...

Awesome, but I want to see the cocktail menu! It's hidden!

kate said...

I don't believe all the work you're doing for the extravaganza; l can't wait to see this all in person and of course have the awesome dinner,