Wednesday, April 27, 2011

40th Wedding Anniversary Extravaganza--Post III

The Beverages.

One of my readers found the menu cards to be a tease. She couldn't read the cocktail list.

You should know that the resident bar tender knows what his guests like, so while he can make anything you can think to request, the menu is limited to those favorite cocktails.

So here goes:

House Cocktails


Daiquiri--Rum, Fresh Lime juice, Lime infused simple syrup

Gimlet--Gin, Rose's Lime Juice

Manhattan--Rye, Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth ,Peychaud's Bitters


We won't just be drinking cocktails all night. We'll have wine with dinner. Eileen announced recently that she loves red Zinfandel over all other varietals. Check. I bought a nice bottle of Zin. Then, speaking to the oh-so-helpful wine dude, I selected a Cabernet Sauvanignon. Or perhaps I should say the wine selected me. You see the label says Hunter. When I explained that Hunter is my maiden name and that it was for a dinner party for my in-laws anniversary, wine dude said, and I quote, "That only seems equitable."

Maybe tomorrow I'll share desserts.

Kristen out. The house won't clean itself.

3 comments:

kate said...

Oh yes, Josh knows what people like. I can't wait for the daiquiri. Lime infused simple syrup; who's idea was that? Sounds incredible.

KMag said...

I'll take credit for the simple syrup. I may need more limes. Ugh! I really thought 16 would be enough.

drevas said...

Thank you. I have a whole bag of limes sitting here. Hm. Don't think I can teleport them or anything.