Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Date Night 4/26/11

Just because I haven't blogged about my date nights, doesn't mean that they've stopped. It just means I've been lazy about blogging. So sue me or flog me or chastise me in whatever way you feel is appropriate.

We don't usually have date night's on a Tuesday. Tuesday is usually reserved for Family Worship.

We did that last night so we could do Date Night tonight. I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon (so is Josh) and my stylist likes to do my hair on Date Night. She does it all up and makes it big an poofy. Josh's stylist does not do that for him.

So I'm making flank steak. In fact, I'm making this flank steak:

STEAK
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 2-pound flank steak, trimmed

SAUCE
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
  • 2 green onions, chopped

  • Romaine lettuce leaves
print a shopping list for this recipe

Preparation

FOR STEAK: Combine first 6 ingredients in glass baking dish. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, turning occasionally.

FOR SAUCE: Mix first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Season with generous amount of pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)

Prepare barbecue (high heat). Drain steak. Pour marinade into small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Season steak with generous amount of pepper. Grill to desired doneness, basting occasionally with marinade, about 6 minutes per side for rare. Transfer steak to plate and let stand at least 15 minutes. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead.) Cut steak across grain into thin diagonal slices. Line platter with romaine leaves. Top with steak. Serve warm or at room temperature with horseradish sauce.


I'm excited because I haven't used my grill yet this season. Josh will reattach the gas tank when he get's home. Assuming it's not raining. If that's the case, I can broil it.

I'm also excited because I actually have all of the ingredients. Wohoo!

I don't know exactly what I'll do for appetizer/dessert. I've got hours to figure that out, though.

Catch ya later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I come? Sounds soooo yummy!